Monday, August 19, 2013


Do We Understand the Death of Christ?



St. Michael’s Reformed Episcopal Church- Broken Arrow, OK. (The East Wall)
perhaps not splendid but important to those who worship here
 

Blog written by Dan McDonald


            Do I understand the death of Christ?  Evidently not enough.  My original post is withdrawn because of an infection in the article.  Hubris had gotten into it, and some of what I believe were some of the most important points I had ever written were overshadowed by hubris.  A robust life can come to ruin due to a small infection.  So suffice it for now that when I know I have sinned I am very grateful that Christ took my sins and my death upon and into himself and died on the cross, and that on that cross he representing the living God and God's desire that none should perish gave the divine life in exchange for my sinner's death.  That is perhaps where I will leave the post for now.  I will put my marker here - - - a reminder of a need to beware of writing words you will later regret and of a Savior's care making it bearable but not necessarily pleasant.

No comments: